- Team of world-class developers building superior technology for businesses achieving massive scale, is looking for a strong senior-level Python engineer. The company applies the latest technology and the best engineering practices to help businesses grow.
- Remote 4 hours overlap with the Pacific Time Zone.
- Office: Santa Monica, California
- Our client just raised a $50M series B round of funding and is looking to double the engineering team in the next 6 months. It's your chance to join a high-quality engineering team with the hands-on CTO from SpaceX, MySpace, and Honest Company.
- The product is a text messaging automation software platform allowing E-Commerce
- The technology stack is React.js on the front end with Redux Saga, Storybooks, slick-looking UI with a custom design system, and an AI-powered conversation builder using the Canvas API.
- The front end is powered by Python / Django backend API on top of a PostgreSQL database with Kafka processing high throughput text messages at the scale of 10s of millions messages per day.
- 7+ years of experience.
- Deep knowledge of Python, Django (of Flask or FastAPI), PostgreSQL/MySQL.
- Ability to write clean, modular, scalable, well-tested code, setting an example for others.
- Ability to lead by example, understand client's goals, create and implement solutions to achieve them in a team setting.
- Experience working directly with a Product Manager, Designer, QA Engineer in a highly collaborative and proactive way.
- Strong knowledge of scalable backend API architecture, best practices, and tools.
- Upper-intermediate to fluent speaking and writing English.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Clear understanding of the runtime complexity of the code being written.
- Ability to think outside of the box and work on the same project long term with a high degree of care.
Will be a plus:
- A formal Computer Science degree.
- Working experience in a proper Agile / Scrum team environment.
- Deep understanding of automated testing, ability to set up automated testing frameworks, testing architecture, data seeding, mocking, and implementing best testing practices.
- Deep understanding of runtime complexity and memory complexity using Big O notation.
- Growth stage startup experience.
- Technical leadership experience.
- Team management experience.
- Open source contributions, presentations, and publications.
- Work with the latest and greatest technologies.
- Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
- We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
- Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you're in control of your own schedule.
- Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
- Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
- Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices